1 virtual internships
Tasks:1. Monitor fitness level and requirements of all participants and design classes to suit individual need
2. Develop and maintain professional relationship with participants and ensure optimal level of customer services
3. Prepare and promote schedule for group fitness and assist participant to attend fitness classes
4. Perform and demonstrate all yoga exercises to participants and ensure compliance to safety and health standard. Assist participants to perform all exercises effectively
5. Evaluate exercises performed by participants and recommend correction whenever required
6. Maintain neat and clean exercise room at all times
7. Coordinate with participants and counsel on lifestyle and diet issues to ensure healthy body and mind. Analyze each participant requirement and develop exercises to suit every individual
8. Inform participants on various forms of yoga and its effect on body and mind. Monitor participant performance and recommend different form of yoga if required.
9. Ensure appropriate ambience for participants to perform yoga exercises
10. Ensure customer satisfaction and assist in answering all participant queries
Key skills for Chief Executive:
- A high standard of physical fitness
- A caring approach and an interest in people
- The ability to motivate individuals and groups
- Good spoken communication skills
- Awareness of the risks which exercising can involve
Average Salary (2014):United Kingdom: £45,000 per year
United States of America: $73,000 per year
Australia: AU$124,000 per year
Qualifications and training required:Completing a specialized training or certificate program is required to teach yoga. Teacher-training programs can last anywhere from a few weeks to over two years, depending on the style of yoga and the rigor of the coursework. They are all physically demanding and require some personal yoga experience. For example, the Iyengar style requires certification after training and one year's experience. Prospective yoga teachers select training programs offering the style they would like to teach.
A bachelor's degree in a related health and fitness field might also be beneficial, because fitness employers increasingly prefer to hire workers with this foundational knowledge.