Nuclear Electronics Specialist
Salary(gross): 1200 EUR monthly
Applying for the vacancy has ended
Baltic Scientific Instruments (BSI) is looking for specialists in the field of nuclear electronics and nuclear physics to participate in the design and fabrication of nuclear physics equipment. We invite specialists primarily from Latvia, as well as from neighboring countries, including Estonia, Lithuania, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, etc., to work in the following professional disciplines: Nuclear Electronics, Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Industrial and Analytical Technologies and Applications, Nuclear Radiation Detectors.
- Master’s degree in any of the following or related fields:
· Physics (nuclear)
· Nuclear Electronics
· Vacuum Technology, Cryogenics
Doctor’s degree (PhD) preferred.
- Work experience in any of the following areas is desirable:
· nuclear power (nuclear power plants);
· industrial enterprises using nuclear-physical methods of technological control;
· research and industrial organizations in the field of detecting nuclear radiation (including environmental protection);
· nuclear physics research laboratories.
- Development and engineering of nuclear-physics equipment;
- Assembly, configuration, adjustment and testing of devices in process of fabrication;
- Installation, tuning up, commissioning and maintenance of equipment on customer’s platform anywhere in the world;
- Participation in the IAEA, CERN, the Eurospace Agency scientific projects, as well as projects funded by the European Council.
- Mentorship, internal meetups, learning courses and training
- Possibility of combining work and defense of a scientific dissertation on the company’s topics
- Gross monthly salary of 1200-2000 euros, depending on qualifications
- Worldwide travel opportunities for onsite work
- Work at a world-renowned scientific company in our own 6-storey production facility
- Access to our unique nuclear physics and electronics knowledge-base
- Free parking, regular health screening, daily coffee and tea
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use internal apply system. Thank you!
Vacancies you might be interested in
- Internship • till 11.11.2021
- Internship • till 11.11.2021
- Work • till 20.11.2021
- Work • Salary(gross): 1500 EUR monthly • till 04.11.2021
About the company
Baltic Scientific Instruments (BSI) was established in 1994 on the basis of Riga Research and Development Institute for Radio-Isotope Apparatus (RNIIRP, est.1966), which belonged to the Ministry for Atomic Energy of the former Soviet Union. RNIIRP had Union-wide responsibility for the development of instruments for radiation detection and measurement for the atomic energy industry, mining, oil and gas industries, space and military applications. RNIIRP developed a broad range of products, and the highest level of technical knowledge and skills to meet the most sophisticated technological demands of the Soviet Union. These are the foundations of the capabilities that BSI now brings to global markets.
Since its founding as a private enterprise BSI has specialized in the development and fabrication of devices for spectrometric analysis based on semiconductor and scintillation radiation detectors. Our products are applied in multiple industries: nuclear power; environmental monitoring; geophysics and the mining industry; medicine and healthcare; research including space sciences; security systems and customs control; and other spheres. To succeed in global markets for radiation detection and analysis equipment BSI has mastered the most demanding quality standards in each market where we have chosen to compete. See our Quality Policy.
BSI is always looking for exceptional people who can rise to the challenge of meeting the demands of our customers. If you are looking for a challenging career with extraordinary opportunity for career growth check out current openings and our Employment Policy.
BSI is headquartered in Riga, Latvia, one of the most livable cities in Europe with an exceptional cultural life, attractive homes, good schools and within a short drive of rural Latvia as well as some of the finest beaches in Northern Europe. Riga has been called the culture capital of Europe and has been featured as a prime tourist destination. For more information about our location.