INTERNSHIP: Junior REACT developer
Salary(gross): from 1 to 600 EUR monthly
Applying for the vacancy has ended
We are a fresh team of people passionate about making THE NEXT WEB!
We believe the next evolution of the Internet will be based on Progressive Web Apps.
Why? Basically, it is UX and speed of mobile app without the need for App Store - instant download and update as well as single code base across the web and mobile devices!
We love the tech stack that is based on decoupling of front-end and back-end such as React, Redux, GraphQL and we look for people with similar interests.
So far we have made a PWA storefront for eCommerce and are happy that our product made in Latvia is already used by large eCommerce retailers in Asia and Western Fortune 500 companies such as Universal Music.
Our team needs more developers like YOU because we face enormous demand for this solution and dream of having ALL major eCommerce storefronts to be run on ScandiPWA solution!
ScandiPWA is an OPEN SOURCE, but we also have a scalable PWA cloud based on Kubernetes cluster tech.
Exciting? Take a look below to find out how to join us!
What do we expect from a Junior React.js developer?
- A person either having experience with front-end frameworks e.g. React, Vue, GraphQL, local storage libraries or enough experience, courage and passion to lock him or herself in the office whilst they get up to speed!
- Ready to learn from our solutions and bring your life experience into helping us to shape the future of the web
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Don't worry if you don't have any experience yet, we just need you to be ready to jump in and learn!
What is it like to be a React.js developer?
Scandiweb is building the next generation front-end & UX solutions for eCommerce - ScandiPWA. This industry is currently worth billions of dollars and is expected to double in the coming 3-4 years. Check out what we have done so far! https://scandipwa.com
- Everybody wants it FASTER :) but you want to make it BETTER
- You are working on the ScandiPWA product and its implementation on client's websites
- There is competition from Europe and the US for similar solutions and we want to be there first
- Your colleagues are exceptional at what they do, and together you'll be a part of a fantastic problem-solving team
- All the companies and soon, the entire world of eCommerce world will watch you and wait for your next release
- Once you join us you will have the basic intro to Magento backend and GraphQL
How to apply?
- Apply using the “start your journey here” button below!
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a test assignment, phone call and a technical interview
NOTE! If you are starting your journey with us remotely, you will need to have your own hardware setup. We recommend having the following minimum specifics: CPU i5 (or AMD equivalent), SSD 512GB and RAM 16GB
- Commitment to your professional growth - we'll provide you with necessary courses, learning materials and mentorship to support your growth.
- You will work on interesting, complex and innovative projects with senior colleagues to help you adapt fast
- Optional flexible working hours
- Professional certification
- Access to a free and ever-growing library
- Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
- and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!
Vacancies you might be interested in
- Work • Salary(gross): from 1400 to 3000 EUR monthly • till 30.09.2021
- Internship • Salary(gross): from 500 to 1000 EUR monthly • till 10.10.2021
- Work • Salary(gross): from 600 to 1000 EUR monthly • till 07.10.2021
- Internship • Salary(gross): 500 EUR monthly • till 15.10.2021
About the company
Work from anywhere!
Scandiweb is a Latvian startup run by guys and girls from all over the world accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
When we say FUN, we really mean it - we've set a Guinness World Record (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgLD_A3WP8&t=3s) ; we've made Virtual Reality shopping possible; we've created the First Online Car Dealership; we're the largest certified Magento developer team in the world; we're creating the first Progressive Web Application system for Magento - check what we've done so far https://demo.scandipwa.com; we spend dreary autumns in sun-filled offices around the world, from Morocco to Malta, to Cyprus, to Bali; we celebrate our achievements with the LARGEST corporate party in Latvia - ScandiFest! Just check out how fun it was last summer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrxjIlxqJLQ&t=90s
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
If you want to become a part of this, follow the link: https://careers.scandiweb.com/