INTERNSHIP: Junior Web Developer (trainee)
Salary(gross): from 1 to 600 EUR monthly
Applying for the vacancy has ended
I will tell you one thing that may make you remember Scandiweb, every time you do ... anything.
How is it possible?
- Think about cars for example… Ford, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, BMW, Jaguar or Land Rover? We built their sites to sell their cars.
- Wearing socks, maybe HappySocks? Well, we built their stores too!
- Applying L'Oreal or Lancome makeup? That's our customer!
- Running in PUMA shoes? Their eCommerce store was made by Scandiweb!
- Buying tickets at airBaltic.com or visiting THE MET museum in New York? Made in Scandiweb.
- Enjoying … hmm… yeah, we made an official Durex site too!
We are the #1 eCommerce Agency in the World and we continue our growth!
What do we expect from a Junior Developer Trainee?
The title says it all - we expect you to be a real Junior - who is eager to absorb information and advice from mentors as a sponge, break things, try again, break and try again till you build a stable framework of knowledge around the things you are doing.
The second part, being a Trainee - do not expect to start Work in the first days or weeks, you will train, learn, get feedback and support. Training will stay with you permanently, while you are at Scandiweb - we have a continuous training program, so there are small bits of education every week and month! We help everybody to build a rich and robust software engineer competency framework!
The lucky ones will have a chance for a more smooth start from a Quality Engineer placement from few weeks to a few months to gain project-wide experience.
What is a day of a Junior Developer Trainee?
Your first day and even a few weeks will be dedicated to onboarding, learning the tools we use, processes we follow, company history and culture. You will set up your workspace and workstation and equip them with the necessary apps.
Once that is done, you will have your EDU tasks, where you start to actually use learned tools. The task usually is a small part of a real project that you will perform under the guidance and supervision of a dedicated mentor. There will be no time pressure, but we do expect commitment to quality?. We expect you to take as much time as necessary and learn what it takes to produce Quality Work.
Afterwards, you will have more and more independence in figuring out how to code and achieve solutions, get more complex tasks, helping others, and make steady steps to become a full-time Software Engineer!
How to apply?
- Apply using the button above!
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a phone call, test assignment and a technical interview
- To pass the test successfully, you need to understand the web applications built on PHP, MySQL, HTML, and OOP approaches. In your EDU you will learn React, GraphQL, deploy to cloud environments built on Kubernetes, but your first step requires only the basics of the web!
NOTE! If you are starting your journey with us remotely, you will need to have your own hardware setup. We recommend having the following minimum specifics: CPU i5 (or AMD equivalent), SSD 512GB and RAM 16GB
What are the benefits?
- get the best Dev training in the #1 eCommerce agency in the world
- work on the most challenging and the biggest projects globally
- be part of a multinational team delivering to customers in more than 70 countries!
- enjoy our online first office, where everybody is connected no matter their location
- get support to organize your home office or enrol in a coworking space;
- health insurance, Crowdbonus from your colleagues, library, certifications, events and so much more!
Vacancies you might be interested in
- Internship • till 30.09.2021
- Internship • till 01.10.2021
- Internship • Salary(gross): from 500 to 1000 EUR monthly • till 10.10.2021
- Internship • till 01.10.2021
About the company
Work from anywhere!
Scandiweb is a Latvian startup run by guys and girls from all over the world accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
When we say FUN, we really mean it - we've set a Guinness World Record (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgLD_A3WP8&t=3s) ; we've made Virtual Reality shopping possible; we've created the First Online Car Dealership; we're the largest certified Magento developer team in the world; we're creating the first Progressive Web Application system for Magento - check what we've done so far https://demo.scandipwa.com; we spend dreary autumns in sun-filled offices around the world, from Morocco to Malta, to Cyprus, to Bali; we celebrate our achievements with the LARGEST corporate party in Latvia - ScandiFest! Just check out how fun it was last summer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrxjIlxqJLQ&t=90s
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
If you want to become a part of this, follow the link: https://careers.scandiweb.com/