Junior PHP & Web Developer
Salary(gross): from 600 to 1000 EUR monthly
Apply till 06.02.2021
Have you ever wondered what's it like to be a global developer?
Scandiweb is a Latvian startup run by guys and girls with global citizenship, accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart, and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know where to look for digital solutions!
We are constantly growing and looking for energetic and motivated individuals who are interested in building a better and safer future! In the last couple of years, the IT industry has become very powerful and is getting bigger and bigger. Nowadays it is hard to imagine that a store doesn't have an e-commerce shop, especially now when everything is happening online.
What does it take to become a Junior PHP Developer?
- Have the basic knowledge of PHP and huge motivation and willingness to learn.
- Apply using the “pieteikties vakancei” button at the top
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a phone call, test assignment and a technical interview
- Join Scandiweb and start your online journey with us!
From our experience, you can easily complete the test, if you understand OOP and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience. And don't worry - if the first submission is not fully great, we will provide you with actionable feedback and you can give it another shot!
Imagine that you are a Junior PHP Developer, wonder what's life like?
- You learn from your dedicated Mentor - who will give you advice on best practices to use and make sure that your training is completed with you knowing Magento to the point of being a certified Magento developer
- You are involved in the education process, you learn and challenge yourself and do as much as you can - quantity will become quality
- Afterwards, you are a part of a small team working on a project together and finding the best tech solutions for it
- You get real-world tasks, build, test and ship to Live with companies like Puma, LEVIS, the MET Museum and more
- You start with the most progressive tech stack OOP frameworks, Docker, GraphQL, React, Vue and so much more! You will also have the chance to play around with Magento, Shopify, ScandiPWA, AWS.
- To make sure that everything is accessible and you can fit many things in one day - flexible working hours are possible
What's in it for you long term?
- Professional certification
- Optional flexible working hours
- Commitment to your professional growth
- Health Insurance
- Language course coverage
- Access to a free and ever-growing library
- Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
- Crowdbonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!
Vacancies you might be interested in
- Internship • till 31.01.2021
- Internship • Salary(gross): 500 EUR monthly • till 01.02.2021
- Internship • till 31.01.2021
- Internship • till 15.02.2021
About the company
Work from anywhere!
Scandiweb is a Latvian startup run by guys and girls from all over the world accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
When we say FUN, we really mean it - we've set a Guinness World Record (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgLD_A3WP8&t=3s) ; we've made Virtual Reality shopping possible; we've created the First Online Car Dealership; we're the largest certified Magento developer team in the world; we're creating the first Progressive Web Application system for Magento - check what we've done so far https://demo.scandipwa.com; we spend dreary autumns in sun-filled offices around the world, from Morocco to Malta, to Cyprus, to Bali; we celebrate our achievements with the LARGEST corporate party in Latvia - ScandiFest! Just check out how fun it was last summer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrxjIlxqJLQ&t=90s
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
If you want to become a part of this, follow the link: https://careers.scandiweb.com/